On 04/30/2011 09:14 AM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

That said, we're lacking man power to fix bugs, I don't think that it
changes much whether the bug is fixed via unstable or via frozen.
Once we are to the point where we have been able to fix a bug in
unstable, it's usually not very difficult to fix it in frozen too
(unless the fix is in a new upstream version, but that would not help
in the current scheme either).

I'm not so sure. Contributors will introduce new versions… as we've seen
with Chromium, sometimes it's just impossible to fix the old version
(because it requires much time and manpower), and we will be forced to
accept the new version. We did it _once_ for Chromium, it's not said
that we will do that again! So this argument doesn't stand either. It's
making a big assumptions on various things.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي
http://dogguy.org/