On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 05:58:46PM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> Funny… reading your recent blogpost,

(FWIW, the blog post Mehdi is referring to is, I guess, at [1])

> you seem to not understand yet what you want to put into Rolling (and
> how). So, how can we comment on something that's not set or clearly
> described yet?

While your criticism are sound and the issue of how to merge back
"rolling" after releases seems a difficult one to solve, I don't think
your comment on "how can we comment?" is fair.

We might disagree with the process Raphael is proposing, but my reading
of [1] is that he is asking for comments on the *goals* that, in his
opinion, "rolling" is supposed to fulfill. We can discuss whether those
goals are worthwhile or not even if there is no plan (yet) on how to
implement them.  Of course people might consider that a futile exercise,
but from an investigative point of view, it looks like an interesting
exercise to me.

Cheers.

[1] http://raphaelhertzog.com/2011/04/27/towards-debian-rolling-my-own-debian-cut-manifesto/