Re: Two groups of users, one distro in the middle

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 01:21:17AM +0700, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Why do noone comment on the point raised that the ham tool possibly can
> change the name of its binary without involving its end-users, whereas
> changing the name of the nodejs binary affects all end-users directly?

I commented on it earlier - you can not control the user community and
how they use the software on their machines.  Just because the software
is only installed automatically with a specific configuration does not
mean that that configuration is the only configuration in use.

Changing the name of *any* binary has the potential for creating
unintended consequences for the end users.

Patrick Ouellette                 pat@flying-gecko.net
ne4po (at) arrl (dot) net         Amateur Radio: NE4PO

What kind of change have you been in the world today?