Re: Two groups of users, one distro in the middle

[with apologies for the original broken reply]

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 01:21:17 +0700, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
On 11-11-16 at 07:08pm, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
On 11/15/2011 01:48 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
> I personally wonder if we should change our policy instead of
> forcing these two upstream communities into conflict.

I think we should for these cases where it is obvious that one
software exists for a much longer time than the other. We should not
force old projects to rename themselves just because the developers of
a new project did not investigate if they use an existing name.
Checking filenames of the largest distributions is not hard.

Who says the package maintainers of nodejs did not investigate the use
of an existing name?

I assumed Bernd meant upstream could have checked.

Regards,

Adam