Re: A few observations about systemd

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 09:59:40PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
That this is not particularly useful is not specific to any init
implementation. I hate 'ENABLED=' configuration options with a passion.
They do not make *any* sense, even init.d has a documented (and what's

They do in packages that ships daemons and client tools. saslauthd, smartd or hddtemp are examples for such useful flags.

more, actually *working*) implementation of not starting daemons at
boot. It's called 'remove the ******* symlink'.

Editing /etc/runlevel.conf is easy as well. But I still prefer the good old „exit 0” version. And talking with other people, this seems to be far easier to remember if they want to revert the change.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz             E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |