Re: A few observations about systemd

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 02:59:09PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
(Ignoring the kFreeBSD side of things for a bit): Why?  As others have
pointed out, systemd uses sysvinit scripts just fine.

Well, then why don’t we put systemd in testing as alternate init system and release it as alternate init system in wheezy? Those maintainers who want to write unit files in addition to init scripts can do this. In wheezy + 1 we can use systemd as default init with the requisition to still support init scripts for maintainers who don’t want to switch to unit files or third party software.

Of course, if we decide that systemd has to run on kfreebsd as well before we change the default init, then the migration will last longer.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz             E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |