Re: /run support for wheezy: final (I hope) call for testing

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 09:58:58PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2011, Roger Leigh wrote:

> > > The proper fix would be to use bind mounts, or always use multiple tmpfs
> > > (which is safer, anyway).
> >
> > We have now fixed this issue by never moving /var/run or /var/lock
> > in postinst.  In the case of a chroot/vserver, we simply create a
> > symlink from the new location (/run) to the old (/var/run) so that
> > both paths are functional.  In consequence, /var/run and /var/lock
> > will remain directories in a vserver environment.
>
> Now, scripts that work outside of vservers and want /run might croak when
> run inside a vserver.

Only if the symlink says "/run".  If it leads to "../run", an outside script
will still work.

The last version I tested produced absolute ones, it might be better to make
them relative.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be