Re: Request for testing: /run and initscripts

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 01:49:15PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> I have now implemented this (though it's not the default).
>
> I would very much appreciate it if anyone could take the time to
> install the new initscripts and test it out.
>
> http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/run/sysvinit_2.88dsf-13.3.dsc
> http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/run/initscripts_2.88dsf-13.3_amd64.deb

It breaks down at least on vservers (which can't do mount() calls):

find: `var/run': No such file or directory
fakerunlevel: open("/var/run/utmp"): No such file or directory

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be