Re: Default size limits for /run (/var/run) and /run/lock (/var/lock)

Am 12.04.2011 13:38, schrieb Roger Leigh:

> this for /var/lock (/run/lock), which can be mounted as a separate
> tmpfs on /run/lock if RAMLOCK is set in /etc/defaults/rcS.  We could
> also do the same for /dev/shm (/run/shm) and /tmp (/run/tmp) as well.
> In the case of /tmp this would not be the default except when root is
> read-only.

I don't think symlinking /tmp to /run would be a good idea, as one could fill up
/tmp (accidentaly)  pretty quick.
If we want to make / ro, then a separate tmpfs for /tmp looks like a better idea
to me.

Cheers,
Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?