Re: network-manager as default? No! (was: Bits from the Release Team - Kicking off Wheezy)

Le mardi 05 avril 2011 à 02:08 +0400, Stanislav Maslovski a écrit :
> Well, that is not the question of how many, that is the question of
> can you do a given task or not with a given tool. NM is limited in all
> possible ways I can imagine, and also buggy. On the contrary, with
> ifupdown, one for sure can do things that I even cannot imagine due to
> my limited knowledge.

Your limited knowledge is like jam. The less you have, the more you
spread it.

What you actually like about ifupdown is that it cannot do anything but
extremely trivial setups. Then you can stack all soft of stuff on top of
it, and get them to work manually for your specific setup, and since
it’s not event-based you have to hard-code the way your network is set
up.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :