Re: network-manager as default? No! (was: Bits from the Release Team - Kicking off Wheezy)

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 01:07:12PM +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> Debian is not about market-share, so losing users is no thread. It is
> only an information for us that we no longer helpful to some of our
> users.

The problem is that such a message only conveys the information that
*one* specific user will find our distro no long useful. In turn, that
might induce other users to post ack/nack to -devel and that would
hardly help driving technical discussions to conclusion.

Ultimately, my point is that user feedback is very useful, but we should
find better way to seek it (e.g. explicit polls) than encouraging users
to post their feedback to -devel.

Regarding the fact that my previous message could "drag this into an
insulting contest", I beg to disagree.

Cheers.