Re: Best practice for cleaning autotools-generated files?

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 04:40:29PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> My rule is: when there is something non-free or when the amount of
> useless stuff is huge. For example I would repack a tarball with a
> small program and 20Mb of embedded code copies of all its dependencies
> to remove the deps.

What about .svn dirs?

> Eh? Rebuilding twice in a row would remove the files, regenerate them,
> remove them, regenerate them. I can't see how the second regeneration
> would fail if the first one did not.

The problem is that the regenerated files are not identical to the
original files and you simply get a diff which finally makes different
Debian source packages depending how often you start the build process.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de