Re: Why is help so hard to find?

Mike Bird <mgb-debian@yosemite.net> wrote:

> insserv breaks complex systems.  It throws away years of DD work
> and substitutes a few inane and inadequate rules.  It does so

In my experience, insserv makes it a lot easier to handle complex
systems with a lot of interdependent daemons and services. Handling the
initscripts on those systems with the legacy SysV init scheme was a
total pain in the rear.

insserv has issues, but it's still an improvement over the previous
situation and, unlike the other new init systems, it's actually

What more could you possibly ask for?

> And KDE 4 is a well known and very old and very stale joke.  Fun
> at parties, maybe, but not really appropriate for the workplace.

KDE4 is crap, world+dog know that. Use GNOME, XFCE or whatever. If you
want KDE3 in Debian, then put your money where your mouth is and
come maintain it.

 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>
 Public key available on <http://www.jblache.org> - KeyID: F5D6 5169