Re: Buildd & binary-indep

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> But this whole discussion got boring something like 10 years ago. It's
> a shame there is still no proper solution for that now.

Yeah, the only one who submitted code has been Bill Allombert and he did
it without following my recommendations so I have still not merged the
required support...

>From the whole discussion, relying on Standards-Version was not well
accepted so the only sane way of doing it (and parsing make's output
is not sane enough for me, even if debhelper does it) is to have the
package explicitly record that it provides the required support in a
new control field, something like "Build-Features".

The not-so-evident part is that I want the syntax of this field to be
sufficiently extensible so that we can encode more information like
support of hardening build flags and similar stuff that we might want
to know to adjust the behaviour at build time.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)