Re: Debug output etc, cluttering the terminal

]] Josef Spillner

| When KDE applications are run in a KDE environment, the debug output is
| normally not an issue because even terminal-using people prefer KRunner's
| autocompletion over bash's and hence don't see the debug messages. However, it
| is certainly an upstream goal to make KDE applications play nice in other
| environments both visually and behaviourally.

I would guess they still fill up the .xsession-errors file, though?  At
least for me, that file is mostly useless due to:

« ...Too much output, ignoring rest... »

as the last line.

[...]

| It would be a huge task trying to unify the policies.

Sure, but so is making a distro, and having unified policies is a fairly
big part of making a distro. :-)

--
Tollef Fog Heen