Re: RFA: acpi-support -- glue layer for translating laptop buttons, plus legacy suspend support

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:
> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>
>> Hal checks the drive capabilities and shouldn't be polling drives that
>> support async notifications. Is that code not working for you?
>
> It is working fine, thanks for the head's up about it disabling the poller
> on AN-capable devices (my laptop is not one of them, but I found one which
> can do that to test).

Really?

Please correct med if I'm wrong.  I assume you are talking about the
test in hald/linux/blockdev.c which sets
storage.removable.support_async_notification based on the flags exported
by the kernel in /sys/block/*/capability?  I cannot see how this can
work at the moment.  There doesn't seem to be any driver setting the
GENHD_FL_MEDIA_CHANGE_NOTIFY flag yet.  Or am I missing something?

Bjørn