Re: Consistent formating long descriptions as input data (Was: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions)

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 07:34:45AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Well, *if* something is *recommended* in the docs filing wishlist bugs
> against packages that ignore the recommendation are fine.  Why else
> should we issue recommendations?

For people writing new long descriptions, first off.  That the review
recommended to use a different itemize symbol than what seemed to be
mostly silent consensus was problematic I think and I am glad that their
recommendations have been adjusted.

Also, I did not necessarily mean the Policy Manual when refererring to
recommending above (once it gets accepted there, filing wishlist bugs
looks sensible) but other possibly existing (or non-existing)
style-guides, like the dev-ref etc.

Michael