Re: Consistent formating long descriptions as input data (Was: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions)

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 11:24:42PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Here is the URL of the poll:
>    http://doodle.com/2bp8rrh3i35sr4s7

Heya, thanks for the poll.

Nevertheless, I think I got a bit lost in the discussion.
Following it, I had the impression that there was a quasi-agreement on
Markdown. Hence, I'm wondering what is the exact purpose of your
poll. With Markdown, you have alternative markers for denoting
bullet list (which is reasonable and consistent with what we do in
email), so what is the point of choosing one?

More generally (and given that even you are unsure about what you
didn't like of Markdown :-)), can you please you two explain why we
can't just say something like "long descriptions are paragraph
separated by dots on single lines; each paragraph is formatted
according to markdown syntax".

Cheers.