Re: Consistent formating long descriptions as input data (Was: RFC: Better formatting for long descriptions)

ti, 2009-04-21 kello 11:27 +0200, Andreas Tille kirjoitti:
> On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>
> > Anticipating a potential objection: nested lists do work without
> > needing "blank" lines to separate nesting levels; I've just tried that
> > out.
>
> ... provided that lists are formated properly in the first place (keyword:
> broken spacings).  That's why I would like to give advises for the
> spacing directly.

"Properly" here should mean "anything that the markdown language says is
OK". The markdown language is remarkably relaxed about indentation. It
can handle it fine if one list is indented by two space, and other by
three. There seems to be no need for Debian to impose stricter
definitions.

Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying, Andreas?

liw@dorfl$ cat foo.mdwn
This is a normal paragraph.

* this is top level item
  * this is second level item
  * this is another second level item
* this is again a top level item

This is another paragraph.

* this is top level item
    * this is second level item
    * this is another second level item
* this is again a top level item
liw@dorfl$ markdown foo.mdwn

<ul>
<li>this is top level item
<ul>
<li>this is second level item</li>
<li>this is another second level item</li>
</ul></li>
<li>this is again a top level item</li>
</ul>

liw@dorfl$