Re: RFA: acpi-support -- glue layer for translating laptop buttons, plus legacy suspend support

On Mon, Apr 20 2009, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Le lundi 20 avril 2009 à 10:26 +0200, Bjørn Mork a écrit :
>> I prefer non-broken defaults. hal defaults are broken.  No, the keys are
>> not always mapped to  standard XF86* names.  They are sometimes mapped
>> into the blue.
>>
>> See e.g.  bug #504643, which explains my disappearing keys. Finding it
>> took some time, since stupid me thought "regrep KEY_RADIO /usr/share/hal".
>> would reveal any hal related problems.
>
> So, the HAL defaults are broken *for one keyboard model*. Geez, without
> HAL your function keys wouldn’t actually work at all for many models
> without jumping through incredible hoops or installing specific
> software. I can’t believe you think this should be encouraged.

        Well, not just one keyboard model,  to be fait. I lost my arrow
 keys, and the right alt, meta, and right control, home/end page
 up/down, and some keypad keys all got scrambled.

> There are bugs? Fine, let’s fix them.

        I'll be happy to help.

        manoj
--
He has shown you, o man, what is good.  And what does the Lord ask of
you, but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly before