Re: RFA: acpi-support -- glue layer for translating laptop buttons, plus legacy suspend support

Le lundi 20 avril 2009 à 10:26 +0200, Bjørn Mork a écrit :
> I prefer non-broken defaults. hal defaults are broken.  No, the keys are
> not always mapped to  standard XF86* names.  They are sometimes mapped
> into the blue.
>
> See e.g.  bug #504643, which explains my disappearing keys. Finding it
> took some time, since stupid me thought "regrep KEY_RADIO /usr/share/hal".
> would reveal any hal related problems.

So, the HAL defaults are broken *for one keyboard model*. Geez, without
HAL your function keys wouldn’t actually work at all for many models
without jumping through incredible hoops or installing specific
software. I can’t believe you think this should be encouraged.

There are bugs? Fine, let’s fix them.

> You don't seriously beleive that I'm going to trust hal while it's in a
> state like this, do you?

So you found one bug in HAL, and you deem it unsuitable for everyone?

--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 “Lenny” has been released!
: :' :