Re: automatic bug filing by test robot

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 06:35:12PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Maybe you should focus on providing the data in a machine-parseable
> > format, and write a seperate tool that would allow to gather data from
> > all the tests we are running (I can think of lintian and piuparts, at
> > least), and display all the results on a nice web page, with all the
> > cool features one can think of.
>
> That's a very good point.
>
> > So far, everybody has been reinventing the wheel, and that results in
> > http://piuparts.cs.helsinki.fi/ and http://lintian.debian.org/.
>
> Hmm.  We really want this integrated or at least linked from
> packages.qa.debian.org, don't we ?

Yes, we do.

The usual strategy for integrating stuff in the PTS is to link to the
external resource, but *only* when the external resource has something
to say about the package (so that you don't have to click on a link
leading to useless "everything is ok" pages).

So, once you have the external service available, please provide a
machine parseable file mapping package (possibly source package) names
to the summary of your testing framework for that package (3 warnings, 2
errors, ...) ... then bother the PTS maintainers with a wishlist
bugreport :-)

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the