Re: automatic bug filing by test robot

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 06:35:12PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum writes ("Re: automatic bug filing by test robot"):
> > I think that we have a problem with the way we export data from
> > automated tests. Consensus is (I think) that bugs should not be filed
> > automatically, unless the person filing the bugs is reasonably sure of
> > the validity of the bugs, the lack of duplicate bugs, etc. I agree with
> > that.
>
> Right.
>
> > Maybe you should focus on providing the data in a machine-parseable
> > format, and write a seperate tool that would allow to gather data from
> > all the tests we are running (I can think of lintian and piuparts, at
> > least), and display all the results on a nice web page, with all the
> > cool features one can think of.
>
> That's a very good point.

Hi, It's buildstat ( http://buildstat.debian.net ) goal. I know, the tool is
not ready yet and may not have all the feature you want but please don't start
another tool like that. With Lucas and PET guys
( http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi ) we're already speaking
about the best solution to merge them. Please join #pet-devel if you're
interest.

Cheers,

    Gonéri