Re: Results for General Resolution: Lenny and resolving DFSG violations

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Anyway, given the last proposal I made [0] went nowhere, unless people
> want to come up with their own proposals, or want to second the above as
> a draft proposal to be improved and voted on, I suspect nothing much will
> change, and we'll have this discussion again in a few years when squeeze
> is looking like releasing.

I think it would be worth it to take some time to draft an updated social
contract given the difficulties we've seen in the debate. I like most of
what I've seen in your proposal (except the wording on the point about
publishing any private stuff).

I would suggest you to let vacation time pass, and then try submitting
it again in a new thread (or maybe post-lenny, up to you). Whatever you
choose, I'll try to share my comments/participate in the discussion
anyway.

I'm not sure the whole rewrite is necessary, it might be easier to modify
less and give separate rationale for each change. But honestly I haven't
looked enough into it yet to comment more than that.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog