Re: NEW processing

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> writes:
> On 03/12/08 at 15:41 +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
>> if you've also made sure that you don't get any lintian warnings and
>> your debian-directory is clear (especially debian/rules), the whole
>> process is pretty painless.
>
> Why is that relevant?

Lintian errors are almost always an immediate REJECT, so they don't
really slow down the process. Warnings slow the process down as then
I'm required to make a judgement call as to allow the package in or
not, so I'm much happier if the packager deals with them beforehand.

debian/control and debian/copyright are the two main files for
ftpmaster checks, so having those clear and well written makes my job
faster. debian/changelog needs to have valid information, too.
debian/rules I check to make sure that it is sane - or at least looks
like sane. debian/source.lintian-overrides is always checked.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *