Re: NEW processing

On 03/12/08 at 13:56 +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> (03/12/2008):
> > That's not true. We imposed that reviewing step to ourselves, and, if
> > it's doing more harm (by slowing down development and annoying
> > contributors) than good (by detecting mistakes and improving Debian's
> > overall quality), we could simply decide to drop it. (or to drop it
> > partially, for some categories of uploads).
>
> How do you see the legalese aspect? In the harm or good box?

I don't think that we should drop the legal review (that would probably
be dangerous). However, NEW reviews seem to cover a lot of other
aspects currently, which might explain why it takes so much time.

If people feel that a reviewing service is needed, we could split
that out of NEW processing and have a separate service (or just use
debian-mentors@ and http://mentors.debian.net).

> > always let some things get thought while they shouldn't) rather than
>                              ^^^^^^^
>                              through?
yes