Re: NEW processing

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> writes:
> I don't think that we should drop the legal review (that would probably
> be dangerous). However, NEW reviews seem to cover a lot of other
> aspects currently, which might explain why it takes so much time.

These things are the major slowdowns, at least for me, when doing NEW
processing:

- package contains files under different license
- package contains files with differing copyright headers
- package has many copyright holders and these differ randomly between
  files
- package has a large directory hierarchy

If you have a package with a single license, a handful of copyright
holders and identical copyright headers in every file with a flat
source hierarchy, scanning through the package is pretty fast. Then,
if you've also made sure that you don't get any lintian warnings and
your debian-directory is clear (especially debian/rules), the whole
process is pretty painless.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *