Re: volunteers wanted for driving/finalizing a DEP on debian/copyright format

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 12:57:33PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> > As one of the primary contributers to the copyright proposal I would
> > obviously like to be involved in its ratification. I am guessing some of the
> > other main contributers would like to be involved too.
>
> Great, then maybe finding volunteers isn't actually a problem, as the subject
> line implied.

The current contributers are pretty active, which is great.

> Good idea.  Can't debian-legal be used for discussion though?  Alternatively,
> if a list is set up to discuss any DEP proposals.  A list to discuss just the
> copyright file format specifications seems somewhat overkill.  But maybe I'm
> wrong and the format will be discussed forever and ever.

Well, as is always the case with these things, without any direction this
proposal could be discussed until the heat death of the Universe and in fact we
have already witnessed the same things come up time and time again. Moving this
to a more formal channel and spending a bit of time getting some consensus
before wrapping it up is absolutely the right move.