Re: volunteers wanted for driving/finalizing a DEP on debian/copyright format

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 11:49:25AM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> As one of the primary contributers to the copyright proposal I would obviously
> like to be involved in its ratification. I am guessing some of the other main
> contributers would like to be involved too.

> To get this started we need a mailing list and a repository, then we can place a
> notice on the wiki directing people to the mailing list and make the wiki page
> immutable so that there is no confusion.

Why do you need a separate mailing list for a single proposal?  Please
discuss this on debian-devel or debian-project, which are already perfectly
adequate lists for this.

(Not on debian-legal, which is these days beset with wankers with no
technical experience in Debian who don't need to be allowed to leave their
stink on proposals that affect the contents of every Debian package.)