Re: volunteers wanted for driving/finalizing a DEP on debian/copyright format

Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> writes:

> Hey,
>
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 12:25:20PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:
>>
>> > The solution to your problem already exists (actually, it has been
>> > *designed* for that): http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat
>> > , it "just" needs someone with the energy of finalizing the proposal
>> > (most likely via a DEP), so that is stops being an ever changing wiki
>> > page.
>>
>> This seems like an excellent idea, and seems in line with the comment at the
>> top of the current wiki page too.  I volunteer to help on this.  Maybe we can
>> set up a vc repository to start working on the DEP?  The wiki page can be used
>> as a starting point, assuming the license is acceptable.
>
> As one of the primary contributers to the copyright proposal I would obviously
> like to be involved in its ratification. I am guessing some of the other main
> contributers would like to be involved too.

Great, then maybe finding volunteers isn't actually a problem, as the
subject line implied.

> To get this started we need a mailing list and a repository, then we
> can place a notice on the wiki directing people to the mailing list
> and make the wiki page immutable so that there is no confusion.

Good idea.  Can't debian-legal be used for discussion though?
Alternatively, if a list is set up to discuss any DEP proposals.  A list
to discuss just the copyright file format specifications seems somewhat
overkill.  But maybe I'm wrong and the format will be discussed forever
and ever.

/Simon