Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

> * Russ Allbery:
>
> > Unfortunately, this then generates a whole pile of web pages
> > supposedly for "you" that then show up in Google searches and the
> > like despite having no information on them. I think that's one of
> > the things that's turned DDs off on Launchpad; I know that it gave
> > me a bad initial impression.
>
> I guess it's more of a Google QA issue

No, if the pages exist and other pages tend to treat them as
interesting (i.e. interesting pages link to those pages), Google is
working as advertised if it indexes and reports them.

The problem is the treatment of this information by Launchpad, i.e.
creating pages that have no prospect of being useful, yet linking to
them (I presume, from the discussion here) as though they're
important.

--
 \             “To label any subject unsuitable for comedy is to admit |
  `\                                           defeat.” —Peter Sellers |