Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

Reinhard Tartler <siretart@debian.org> writes:

> This would effectivly mean activating the respective LP account [1] and
> associating the respective gpg key with that account. This would be of
> course doable, but given from this and previous discussions, I do not
> have the impression that this is generally desired by all debian
> developers.
>
> [1] launchpad automatically creates an account for each package
> maintainer on package import, but leaves it /deactivated/ until the
> person /claims/ it by confirming a cookie sent via email.

Unfortunately, this then generates a whole pile of web pages supposedly
for "you" that then show up in Google searches and the like despite having
no information on them.  I think that's one of the things that's turned
DDs off on Launchpad; I know that it gave me a bad initial impression.

(I've since activated my account so that I can subscribe to Ubuntu bugs
for packages for which I'm also upstream.)