Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

On Mon Jul 21 14:07, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > >  I guess OpenID support will come to the rescue here.
>
> > It will help, if one wants to use the web interface. However,
> > Launchpad accepting bug report submission and interaction purely via
> > email (like the Debian BTS has done for many years) doesn't seem to be
> > up for consideration.
>
> Launchpad does allow manipulation of bug reports via email, but only by
> authenticated users (i.e., registered LP users with known GPG keys).

Given that Ubuntu takes things directly from Debian, and hence all
Debian Developers have a vested interest in Ubuntu packages, would it
make sense to (provide|ask ubuntu to provide) a way for bug reports to
be manipulated by users with keys in the Debian keyring? Obviously this
could be created by someone with a LP account and a bouncer that checks
the Debian keyring, but it would probably be better to have Ubuntu on
board with this.

Matt
--
Matthew Johnson