Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org> writes:

> Given that Ubuntu takes things directly from Debian, and hence all
> Debian Developers have a vested interest in Ubuntu packages, would it
> make sense to (provide|ask ubuntu to provide) a way for bug reports to
> be manipulated by users with keys in the Debian keyring?

This would effectivly mean activating the respective LP account [1] and
associating the respective gpg key with that account. This would be of
course doable, but given from this and previous discussions, I do not
have the impression that this is generally desired by all debian

[1] launchpad automatically creates an account for each package
maintainer on package import, but leaves it /deactivated/ until the
person /claims/ it by confirming a cookie sent via email.

Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4