Re: Should dpkg-source -x list patches (Re: How to handle Debian patches)

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

Because if the new format is the default format built by dpkg-source, this
will happen automatically when you rebuild your packages...

Yes.  But there is probably some statistics about packages that are not
rebuild inbetween two releases.  I admit that most probably those packages
are not really the candidates that might need extra care about security
patches.

Which is nice - and thus I would love to see this implemented now for
every format if it can be approached fairly easy.  But the maintainer

What means now? dpkg in lenny is frozen...

"Now" means what you can expect for a wishlist bug - just going to unstable
according to maintainers decision.  And unstable is the place were packages
you might like to change normaly reside - so it would perfectly fit.

But well, I suggest we just end this discussion here.  There are enough
threads running and after having filed the bug I turned my idea into the
shape I wanted it to be.  The dpkg-dev maintainers will decide ...

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de