Re: Should dpkg-source -x list patches (Re: How to handle Debian patches)

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Andreas Tille wrote:
>   Subject: Please provide an option to list patches outside debian directory
>
>   Please add a --verbose/-v option to 'dpkg-source -x' that performs
>
>      lsdiff -z -x '*/debian/*' *.diff.gz
>
>   to point potential maintainers / bug fixers to patches that reside
>   outside of the debian directory.  It would be even better if a
>   config file option would be parsed that enables to switch on this
>   option by default.
>
> Would you regard this as a useful bug report or not?

No. I'm currently evaluating a smooth transition from all orig+diff to the
3.0 (quilt) format and as such I'm not really interested in a new option
that only makes sense for the old format that I hope to deprecate in
lenny+1.

And I already said that the 3.0 (quilt) format list patches that it
applies during dpkg-source -x.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog