Re: Should dpkg-source -x list patches (Re: How to handle Debian patches)

On Mon, 19 May 2008, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

The debian Diff is not hiding patches in the upstream code. It is the
canonical place to publish them (at least for some (most?) of the debian
packages following policy).

Well, I'm DD for 10 years - I know this fact.  But did you read about
habits of other fellow developers in this thread.  Just reread and come back
if you are really sure that an extra hint about patches is really useless.

PS: are we going to somehow react to the massive loss of trust into debian,

No I just try to think about implementing what I regularly do and would
call a reasonable habit that might help others.

I just wonder why we currently discuss Mailing List
netiqette instead of the current issue.

I do so as well, but my 'd'-key works perfectly for this kind of subjects ...

Kind regards

   Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de