Re: Mailing lsit code of conduct, again

On Sun, 18 May 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> writes:
>
> > Your mail message individually to me is not wanted, and I have a
> > reasonable expectation through the mailing list code of conduct *and*
> > through my explicit request that you not send it.
>
> The solution to this problem is to fix the mailing list code of conduct to
> stop creating this expectation.  We don't enforce it anyway, and all this
> provision seems to do in practice is create these annoying arguments
> periodically.

+1

I find that a significant proportion of people bothered by CC are those
who post too much and are probably annoyed by the number of replies to
public list that end up in their main INBOX. If those can't make the
effort to setup Mail-Followup-To, they should post less and not _more_
just for the sake of complaining about the copies.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog