Tracking divergence from upstream as a bug (was: divergence from upstream as a bug)

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> >   The 3 first. I assumed that everyone knows it's best to present
> > a summary of your idea in the first paragraph.
>
> You seem to have actually missed the second sentence, "A change
> might be a bug in upstream, or in the debianisation, or in Debian
> for requiring the change.".
>
> nyway, I assume that people read the entirety of what I write before
> blindly reacting to it. People who show they're not tend to get
> ignored or have their reactions discounted after a while.

Perhaps the tone would have been better set by describing this idea as
"Tracking divergence from upstream as a bug" in the Subject field.

--
 \        "When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to |
  `\               ask is if they ever press charges."  -- Jack Handey |