Re: divergence from upstream as a bug

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 09:42:47PM +0000, Joey Hess wrote:
> Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> >   Okay, still I dislike the idea a lot.
>
> You actually only read the first sentence at first?

  The 3 first. I assumed that everyone knows it's best to present a
summary of your idea in the first paragraph.

> > the BTS is unusable past 100 bugs.
>
> Every package accumulates > 100 closed bugs after some period of time,
> and this does not make the BTS unusable for that package, because the
> closed bugs are cleverly sorted by the BTS into a "resolved bugs" section.
>
> In my original mail, I said that bugs tagged as divergences could
> likewise be sorted out of the way.

  I'm not convinced, and for what it's worth, it's yet another
(unreadable) place upstreams will have to look at (and won't because
they just can't follow every bug tracker out there that isn't theirs).

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit