Tracking divergence from upstream as a bug (was: divergence from upstream as a bug)

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Hmm, another thought is, I sometimes have a changelog like this:
>
> * New upstream release.
>   - Including my fix for foo.
>   - And a better approach than my old hack to fix bar.
>
> It would be nice to be able to add bug numbers to close the
> divergences when I'm writing that.

Surely there are already bugs in the BTS, and corresponding changelog
entries closing them, that match this description. Can you give
examples so we can see what this might look like?

> (And then an automatic system closing any I forget to mention would
> be nice.)

What information would trigger such automation, in the absence of you
noting it as such in the changelog entry?

--
 \                  “Holy bouncing boiler-plated fits, Batman!” —Robin |
Ben Finney