Re: the new style "mass tirage" of bugs

[...]
> What might work quite well, however, is to have "bug janitors" (a la
> kernel janitors) who look at new bugs that have received no attention
> for, say, two weeks. If a bug gets reported against a package, and the
> package maintainer doesn't react to it, then the janitors can look at
> it. They could look at old bugs in general, of course.

Oh yes, this sounds a lot better. I'd be willing to work in such a team of bug
janitors, and judging from Cyril's post, there might be others willing to do so
as well.

The only thing that is need is some kind of automatism, forwarding bugs that
have not been acted upon from some time to a mailing list or the like. No idea
what the proper way of implementing this would be, but I guess the technical
part is the easiest to solve.

Best,
Michael