Re: Practical solutions to: the new style "mass tirage" of bugs

Roberto C. Sánchez, 2008-02-22 08:33:17 -0500 :

[...]

> Now, if I could run an 'apt-get source -t unstable foo' and create
> my patch against the resulting source package, and be sure that the
> maintainer won't reject it on the grounds of the patch not being
> against the head (or latest, or whatever) of whichever $DVCS they
> happen to be using, then things would be a little better.

I believe that's exactly what debcheckout(1) is for.

  As for generating the patch, maybe debcommit(1) could be extended to
provide a --diff-only option that would just output a patch rather
than try to actually commit.  And while we're at it, maybe there could
be a debcheckout --update option that would update the working copy to
the current state of the repository.

  (JoeyH, Zack -- *hint*, *hint* ;-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Sauvez les castors, imprimez en recto-verso.