Re: Debian desktop -situation, proposals for discussion and change. Users point of view.

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 11:37:29AM +0200, Mgr. Peter Tuharsky wrote:
>  Just waving your hands and
> >saing that "not much additional work should be necessary" isn't good
> >enough.

> Right. Are there any real movements to synchronise Debian's cycle with
> LSB's one slightly?

No.  Nor, IMHO, should there be at this point; Debian is still in the
process of recovering from a reputation of widely missing its target release
dates, and even though we actually did a decent job with etch, four months
of slippage is still enough for many people to talk about it as a failure.
We need to work on consecutively hitting whatever targets we think it's
feasible to set before we start thinking about reaching for targets set by
other people.