Re: DOAP files

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 11:33:43PM +0800, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 10:11:18AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 02:50:32AM +0100, Luca Brivio wrote:
> > > 1) Should we include DOAP files from upstream in packages? (always?)
> > Why not :)
>
> I'd like too.

As DOAP's creator and a DD (though a bit quiet recently!) I'm really
happy to see this discussion.  In part DOAP was inspired by my passion
for Debian.

I'd love to see upstream DOAP files preserved in packages as they can
provide richer information than just the package metadata, and their
presence will encourage people to use them and hack on tools that
consume and manipulate DOAP.

I'm not currently subscribed to debian-devel, but am happy to contribute
in any way I can to this effort, so please feel free to CC me, or bring
any relevant discussion onto the doap-interest mailing list,
http://lists.usefulinc.com/mailman/listinfo/doap-interest

regards

-- Edd