Re: DOAP files

On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 10:11:18AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 02:50:32AM +0100, Luca Brivio wrote:
> > 1) Should we include DOAP files from upstream in packages? (always?)
> Why not :)

I'd like too.

> I see two ways of serving it that seem to me much more useful: provide a
> centralized, archive-wide place, where we serve all the DOAPs of Debian
> packages. The more obvious places to me seem packages.d.o and/or the
> PTS.

This is indeed a way to start; then if there's a need to have it in the
package, we can see where to put it.

In the meantime, however, can we standardise a way to mine it so that it
ends up in packages.d.o or the PTS?

The possible approaches I can think of are not too exciting:

 - add a link to it into watch files
 - look for debian/doap

Ciao,

Enrico