Re: Please don't list available translations in the package description

"Leo \"costela\" Antunes" writes ("Re: Please don't list available translations in the package description"):
> While I agree it's an issue (albeit a small one), I think we shouldn't
> file bugs for it while there's no better place to put this information.
> It may reduce the objectiveness of some searches, but it is still
> valuable information.

I don't think this is a good argument.  Space in the package
description is not free: it costs download time (for Packages) files,
disk space, user attention (both when reading a specific description
and when searching) and so on.

Just because there is no better official place to put some information
does not mean that it should be in the Description:.  In this case I
dispute that this information, manually maintained, is valuable at all
let alone in the Description:.

I think Enrico should file bugs.

Ian.