Re: Please don't list available translations in the package description

Enrico Zini wrote:
> I'm thinking of filing bugs, but I'd like to get some feedback here
> first.

While I agree it's an issue (albeit a small one), I think we shouldn't
file bugs for it while there's no better place to put this information.
It may reduce the objectiveness of some searches, but it is still
valuable information.

Couldn't debtags support this sort of information in a good enough way
(not via culture::*, but something like translated-in::*)?

Or perhaps - if stricter solution is desired - implementing a new
control field that could be filled on build-time by a dh script (which
should support po files natively, but could also support regex based
searching of translation files, for alternative translation schemes)?

IMHO the debtags solution looks simpler and better, but it doesn't hurt
to keep our options open! :-)

Cheers
--
Leo "costela" Antunes