Re: Please don't list available translations in the package description

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 01:40:43PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Leo costela Antunes said:
> > Enrico Zini wrote:
> > > I'm thinking of filing bugs, but I'd like to get some feedback here
> > > first.
> >
> > While I agree it's an issue (albeit a small one), I think we shouldn't
> > file bugs for it while there's no better place to put this information.
> > It may reduce the objectiveness of some searches, but it is still
> > valuable information.
>
> At the moment, I'm inclined to agree with Enrico.  I don't think it's
> all that helpful to have some small subset of all the programs actually
> translated into a given language returned in a search for that language
> string.  It's both an incomplete list (since many other programs will be
> localized, but just not mention it in the package description) and also
> useless clutter when you're looking for things related to actually
> working in the language.

I'd also tend to think that generic internationalization support
sentences are quite inappropriate into package long description.
Support leve is generally subject to frequent changes, so why
polluting descriptions with those things?

--
Francesco P. Lovergine