Re: priorities

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 07:28:22PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> both required and base in the same list, so you have to look for the split
> yourselve (zlibg1 and adduser atm), but that's not too hard hopefully.

Yes it is not _hard_, but it is exactly this sort of dependency hunting
that is uselessy time consuming, since for each _released_ debian (etch,
sarge, woody, ...) such a list is fixed and "already known"; having to
rediscover it each time is not the smartest thing.

In pratice, the fastest solution for me has been up to now to use
debootstrap, then install deborphan in the chroot to purge things. And
finally a tar of the "essential" chroot (without
var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb var/lib/apt/lists/*_{Release,Packages} and
so on). But then Murphy assures that sooner or later you will need a new
architecture or a new release or to install a machine without access to
the machine where the tar is saved ...

However, many tanks for your patch.